We collect various types of information about and related to you. In general, we may collect and store “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information”.
Personal Information is information that reveals your specific identity or directly relates to you as an individual. Personal Information we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number, credit and debit card information (and related payment information), account username and password.
Non-Personal Information is information that does not reveal your specific identity and does not directly relate to you as an individual. Non-Personal Information we may collect include demographic information (such as gender, date of birth and ZIP code), lifestyle information, personal interests, brand and product preferences, browser and device information and geographical location.
We collect Customer Information from you when you use our Services, such as when you:
- create an account on our site.
- place an order with us.
- post a product review.
- participate in customer research and surveys.
- participate in promotions we offer.
- subscribe to communications from us, such as promotional emails.
- contact us through any method, including by phone, email, web, chat and social media.
- use a third party website or mobile application (such as a social media platform) in connection with our services.
We may use Customer Information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide you our products and services.
- to communicate with you.
- for marketing, promotions and advertising (including interest-based advertising).
- for our internal operations.
- for fraud prevention, security and legal compliance.
- to fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments and returns or exchanges of products and/or services we offer and communicate with you about these transactions.
- to enable certain functionalities on our Site (for example, shopping carts).
- to customize content you see on our site based on your preferences.
- to provide customer service.
We use a variety of administrative, contractual, technical and physical controls and safeguards to help protect your Customer Information from loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, destruction or similar risks. However, no control or safeguard can completely guarantee that such information is completely secure. As a matter of policy, we do not disclose details regarding our security measures as this could be beneficial information to criminals and other bad actors.
You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or use.
We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and Personal Information, including by doing the following:
- Review your account(s) periodically and immediately report any unexpected activity or unrecognized information.
- Install the latest security updates and antivirus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Use complex passwords and not using the same password on more than one site.
- Password protect your computer and mobile device.
- Do not share your passwords with others.
- Sign out/log off site sessions to close your session.
You may come into contact with emails, texts or mobile alerts that look like they originate from us asking for your Personal Information. For your protection, do not respond to such communications or click on links or open any files attached to such suspicious, unsolicited communications. If you receive such a communication, please email email@example.com immediately so that we may investigate the suspicious activity.
Customer Information we collect is primarily stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States or U.S. Territory, by using our Services, you understand and agree that we may transfer your Personal Information to and within the United States. Our Site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protections as those laws in your country.